quinta-feira, 3 de outubro de 2013

Auto Portrait

Brooch, 2007, gold and my own hair, 70x50x10 mm

In my work I have been exploring the idea of the aesthetics of repetition.
I used my own hair to make this brooch that I titled Auto Portrait.
The hair is part of a person, the person's identity, the person's presence but it can also show on the other hand a person's absence. In a society in which so much depends upon appearance, especially for women hair helps to communicate sexuality but it can also be a means of expression for female individuality. Hair was always a significant and remarkable attribute of bodily appearance. The association of hair with sexuality has made hair the symbol of a remarkable force and the distinction between male and female.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário